The Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) programme is a real adventure. It doesn't matter who you are or where you're from, you just need to be aged between 14 and 24. You can do programmes at three levels which lead to a Duke of Edinburgh's Award:
- Bronze (aged 14+)
- Silver (aged 15+)
- Gold (aged 16+)
The school is a licensed centre runs various training courses and expeditions.
To achieve an award participants must complete a personal programme of activities in four sections:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad
- At Gold level, you must also complete an additional Residential section, which involves working and staying away from home doing a shared activity
The official DofE website is a valuable source of information and provides lots of advice and suggestions for activities for each of the required sections. Click here for the DofE website
Places are limited and are offered to those completing and returning their applications / payments first.
The DofE Team is made up of:
|Mr J Leisk/Mr M O'Neill||Programme Managers|
|Mrs C Brook||Trip Administrator|