The data below is based on students taking public examinations in 2018. This data will be updated for the 2019 cohort as soon as it has been published (estimated January 2020).
Key Stage 4 - 2018
- 96% of the year group achieved GCSE passes at grade 5 and above in English and Mathematics.
- The progress 8 score was 0.51 which is well above average and places St Ambrose in the top 14% of schools in the country
- The attainment 8 score for this cohort was 69.7
- 66% of all exams were graded 9 - 7
- The percentage of students achieving 3 or more grades 7 – 9 was 61.1%.
- 53% of students entered the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) with 43% achieving it.
- 99% of all students either continued their education or entered employment at the end of Key Stage 4
The school has become synonymous over recent years for producing students of a high calibre, and this year is no different with 61% of all students gaining 3 or more 7 – 9 grades. Once again, the school also boasts an excellent set of GCSE results with an overall pass rate of 99%.
Following these results, the majority of the St Ambrose College students will continue their education at the school studying A Levels, being joined in the sixth form by students from other schools.
Key Stage 5 - 2018
- A pass rate of 99.2% at grades A*-E.
- Average points per entry at 38.82 (average grade B).
- 40.2% of the cohort achieved A*- A grades.
- 70.5% of all students gained A*- B grades.
The school continues to have a very successful record of supporting students to gain entry to their chosen courses at Oxford, Cambridge and the Russell Group Universities, as well as securing prestigious apprenticeships for many of those who choose an industry-based path after Sixth Form study.