The data below is based on students taking public examinations in the Summer 2019 series. Schools are not required to publish their exam and assessment results from the 2019/20 and 2020/21 in line with Government guidance.
KEY STAGE 4 - 2019
- 96% of the year group achieved GCSE passes at grade 5 and above in English and Mathematics.
- The progress 8 score was 0.44 which is above average and places St Ambrose in the top 17% of schools in the country
- The attainment 8 score for this cohort was 69.1
- 54% of exams were graded 9 – 7, where the subjects were graded from 9-1.
- 86% of exams were graded A*-B where the subjects were graded from A*-G.
- The percentage of students achieving 3 or more grades 7 – 9 was 76%.
- 44% of students entered the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) with 41% achieving it.
- 99% of all students either continued their education or entered employment at the end of Key Stage 4
The school has become synonymous over recent years for producing students of a high calibre, and this year is no different with 76% of all students gaining 3 or more 7 – 9 grades. Once again, the school also boasts an excellent set of GCSE results with an overall pass rate of 97%.
Following these results, the majority of the Saint Ambrose College students will continue their education at the school studying A Levels, being joined in the sixth form by students from other schools.
KEY STAGE 5 - 2019
- A pass rate of 98.7% at grades A*-E.
- Average points per entry at 36.93 (average grade B-).
- 33.2% of the cohort achieved A*- A grades.
- 62% of all students gained A*- B grades.
The school continues to have a very successful record of supporting students to gain entry to their chosen courses at Russell Group Universities, as well as securing prestigious apprenticeships for many of those who choose an industry-based path after Sixth Form study.