The college uniform is important to us and our students wear the Saint Ambrose crest with pride. We ask for parental co-operation in ensuring the smart appearance of students and the adherence to a uniform policy. The College will be mindful of its Public Sector Equality Duty and will not discriminate against an individual and their protected characteristics when applying the uniform policy fairly and consistently.
Please ensure all items are clearly labelled with your child's name.
- A black school blazer of conventional design with the St Ambrose College crest
- School tie
- Plain white shirt
- Black or dark grey trousers
- Grey v-neck pullover - College design
- Plain black shoes – Sports cross-over training shoes, boots, patent leather or suede shoes are not permitted
- Socks should be dark in colour and of standard length
- Trainer/sports socks are not permitted unless being used during PE/Games
- Outdoor coat - a suitable outdoor coat should be worn
- Hoodies are not permitted and should not be worn under blazers
- Jewellery is not permitted for health and safety purposes other than for religious reasons
- PE KIT - Please see below
- School backpack with house colours (optional)
Sixth Form Uniform
- Suit - either black, navy, or dark grey
- Plain short or long sleeved shirt worn inside the suit trousers
- Sixth form tie - available to purchase from the College in September
- Brown or black shoes
- An outdoor coat may be worn on the way to school but must not replace the suit jacket
- PE top - white polo shirt, College design
- PE shorts - navy, College design
- White ankle length sports socks
- Rugby jersey - personalised with student surname, College design with house colours on reverse side. (available to order online via KUKRI, the shop will open on 1st July and close on 1st August. After this time the online shop will close, and you will be unable to place an order).
- Rugby shorts - royal blue, College design
- Games socks - royal blue/scarlet stripe
- Swim cap - compulsory with College crest
- Swim jammers - navy with house colour trim
- Swim towel
- Moulded boots or football/rugby boots
- Training shoes with non-marking soles
- Sports holdall - house colours, College design
- Baselayer - royal blue
School Uniform and PE kit:
This can be purchased from Monkhouse Sports either online of from their outlets in Cheadle and Altrincham.
Click here or click on the logo to be transferred to their website.
Personalised reversible rugby jersey:
This should be purchased direct from Kukri Sports online, may we remind all parents/carers that the online shop is open from 1st July until 1st August. After the 1st August the shop will close and will only reopen for a minimum of 10 orders.
The St Ambrose Parents' Association holds regular 'Pre-loved' uniform sales offering parents/carers the opportunity to purchase good quality uniform and sports items at a discounted fee. All monies raised are reinvested back into the College. Please check out the SAPA website for details of the next uniform sale, or alternatively contact the school office.
All students should ensure they bring the following items into school:
Academic year diary
Blue or black pens for writing (multiple)
Other coloured pens
Fine line pen
Scientific calculator (Casio Fx83GTx recommended)
Highlighters (minimum 2 colours)
Padlock for locker