Thank you for your interest in St Ambrose College.
The Entrance Examination application form for entry into Year 7 in September 2024 is now available online for applicants with a date of birth between 1st September 2012 and 31st August 2013. The deadline for completion of applications is Friday 14th July 2023. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered for testing until after 1st March 2024.
APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO YEAR 7 SEPTEMBER 2024 HAVE NOW CLOSED.
Our next Open Morning will take place on Saturday 29th June 2024 from 9:30 to 12:30 where you will be able to take a guided tour of the facilities from one of our Year 7 students and seek advice on the admission procedures. You do not need an appointment, please just turn up on the morning.
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION FORM - SEPTEMBER 2024 ENTRY
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION INFORMATION
The entrance exam consists of three tests:
Verbal Reasoning Paper (50 minutes) – multiple choice.
- Our assessment provider for this paper is GL Assessment and familiarisation papers can be found at: Verbal Reasoning Familiarisation. Please note that since 11+ tests vary from one area to another, it's important to note that the free familiarisation materials are generic and may differ from our exact specification. These differences may include the length of papers, the types of questions covered, and/or the level of difficulty.
Maths Paper (35 minutes) – multiple choice.
- The Maths paper is prepared in-house and no sample or past papers are available.
- The Maths Paper will assess topics detailed in the National Curriculum for Key Stage 2 Mathematics up to and including those listed in the Year 5 programme of study
- Link to the National Curriculum for Key Stage 2 Mathematics: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/335158/PRIMARY_national_curriculum_-_Mathematics_220714.pdf
English Paper (35 minutes) – multiple choice.
- The English paper is prepared in-house and no sample or past papers are available.
- The paper will include a Comprehension and other English elements.
- There is no creative writing element to the test.